Location: Houston, Texas
Need more information: Contact Necole Smith at (314) 396-9464 or email us at email@example.com
We are currently seeking a Mid-Level Estimator to support our growing Transmission and Substation Group. The responsibility for this position is the estimating and assisting with proposal development and project cost. The estimator will prepare complete cost estimates for all aspects of a transmission or substation construction project. Assigned projects range from medium to large size in complexity.
- Review contracts, proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc., to determine the scope of work and required contents of the estimate.
- Request and analyze the pricing from subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Prepare estimates by performing takeoffs, developing a construction approach, and calculating projected costs.
- Assist in developing and supporting the proposal response. Includes writing work plans, schedule development, other technical response.
- Review and analyze historical data from past projects.
- Present and participate in bid strategy meetings.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with projects.
- Facilitate estimate turnover to the project team.
- Interface with owner, A/E, partners, or other contractors to provide engineering and cost data to assist Operations in the final evaluation of bid/proposal.
Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in estimating mid-scale to large projects and advanced knowledge of construction and utility practices.
- Knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and general profit/loss terms.
- Experience with electronic bid software, B2W experience desired.
- Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation.
- Problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills required.
- Must have the ability to prepare complex proposals with minimal supervision
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years estimating substation and transmission projects.
- Minimum 4-year college degree with a BS Degree in Construction Management,
- Engineering or related field is preferred.
Need more information: Call Necole Smith at (314) 396-9464 or email recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Must be a U.S. Citizen. We do not sponsor work visas at this time.